Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Appiah

Appiah's model or should I say view on life is a lot like the way a public relations practicioner should view life. The reason I say this is because he keeps a very open-mind when it comes to culture, values, and beliefs. He knows that not everyone is alike or comes from the same background.

I say that the view Appiah has on life and that of a public relations practicioner are similar, because a practioner notices the differences in culture, values, and beliefs, but does not pass judgement based on these things. Sometimes differences are good.

Appiah points out that not all cultures may agree on things, but may also disagree on some things and that can be looked at as a good thing. Stating differences, adding opinions and being diverse can add "spice" to a company. Being too close-minded in a compamy setting can destroy a company because like I said earlier, and Appiah says in Cosmopolitan, not everyone has the same background.

I think that if people were more open-minded as Appiah is, the world would be better off. That is also why I think every company has public relations practicioners, and if it doesn't, then it should.

No comments: